General Department of Public-Private Partnerships is under the Ministry of Economy and Finance. The unit acts as the Secretariat to the Inter-Ministerial Committee for PPPs (the "IMC"), which is the overarching body responsible for selecting and approving PPP projects. The IMC relies on the GDPPP to make recommendations on project selection and project approval.
GDPPP has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Act as Secretariat of the Inter-ministerial Committee for Steering the Implementation of Policy on Public-Private Partnerships.
- Provide recommendations to Inter-ministerial Committee in implementing and updating the policy on Public-Private Partnerships.
- Monitor, review, and evaluate the progress of the implementation of the policy measures as well as report the progress of the implementation to the Inter-ministerial Committee. For sensitive cases, the cases shall be submitted to Minister of Economy and Finance for decision.
- Provide support to Inter-ministerial Committee in implementing and updating on legal framework and other related regulations for project management using Public-Private Partnerships mechanism.
- Project coordination by monitoring and reviewing all the operation of the Public-Private Partnerships in all stages of the project life cycle and report to Inter-ministerial Committee. For sensitive cases, the cases shall be submitted to Minister of Economy and Finance for decision.
- Provide operational support to ministries/institutions which has jurisdiction to sign contract with private partners in order to identify, assess, restructure, procure, sign contract and manage the Public-Private Partnership projects.
- Manage Project Development Facility (PDF) and Viability Gap Fund/Facility (VGF) by using Public-Private Partnerships mechanism based on regulations and guidelines.
- Review and provide recommendations on risk allocation including tax implications, tax obligations and tax incentives for implementing and developing the Public-Private Partnership projects which review and recommend by ministries/institutions for Minister of Ministry of Economy and Finance to review and approve through Inter-ministerial Committee.
- Fulfill other related tasks as instructed by the chairman of Inter-ministerial Committee.
GDPPP has its own mission to promote, coordinate and manage projects by Public-Private Partnerships mechanism in an innovative and effective manners to contribute to supporting sustainability of long-term economic growth and increasing Cambodia's competitiveness.